Browse
Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo 720ml
Always on the hunt for new things, we were recently at a Japanese BBQ restaurant and ordered a bottle of Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo off the list. This is from the same Sake Brewery as the Dansai 23 that we offered not too long ago called Asahi, located in Nigata prefecture in western Japan. Asahi Brewery cultivates their own special rice and has an agricultural lab where they look to constantly improve the quality of their rice. The rice they use for this Sake is called Kyakumangoku and is used in combination with a special mountain water that has a low mineral content to provide a very smooth palate feel with no bitterness. The rice is 67% polished leaving 33% of the original grain behind, a process that takes 70 hours to complete. The polished rice is then fermented using two techniques, Sokujyo and Kimoto style. Sokujyo uses a lab-based yeast to get a very precise flavor profile that has been researched by the brewery and Kimoto uses the ambient yeast in the rice to start the fermentation which gives a broader more traditional flavor profile and creamier mouth feel. After fermentation the two are blended together. The combination of the two techniques provides a very refreshing, dry, and crisp mid palate with perfect sweetness and acidity on the finish to give vibrancy and lift the subtle flavors but with more complexity, elegance, and mouth feel from the addition of the Kimoto style. Excellent sake is all about subtlety and nuance, less about power and boldness, which the Manju shows off flawlessly. This is perfect for foods like Toro or Ribeye with a higher fat content because it cuts through the richness, cleans your palate, adds to the Umami profile, and over all eating experience. We recommend serving this slightly chilled for the sake to show at its best. This is one we really enjoy and one of our favorites of the year. We've tasted other fantastic bottles from this brewery since trying this and are looking forward to bringing more of them to our clients very soon. In fact, we will be tasting over 100 this weekend at an event so keep an eye out for our future offers! (9/23/2019)

Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo 720ml

Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo 720ml

$69.99
$69.99

Always on the hunt for new things, we were recently at a Japanese BBQ restaurant and ordered a bottle of Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo off the list. This is from the same Sake Brewery as the Dansai 23 that we offered not too long ago called Asahi, located in Nigata prefecture in western Japan. Asahi Brewery cultivates their own special rice and has an agricultural lab where they look to constantly improve the quality of their rice. The rice they use for this Sake is called Kyakumangoku and is used in combination with a special mountain water that has a low mineral content to provide a very smooth palate feel with no bitterness. The rice is 67% polished leaving 33% of the original grain behind, a process that takes 70 hours to complete. The polished rice is then fermented using two techniques, Sokujyo and Kimoto style. Sokujyo uses a lab-based yeast to get a very precise flavor profile that has been researched by the brewery and Kimoto uses the ambient yeast in the rice to start the fermentation which gives a broader more traditional flavor profile and creamier mouth feel. After fermentation the two are blended together. The combination of the two techniques provides a very refreshing, dry, and crisp mid palate with perfect sweetness and acidity on the finish to give vibrancy and lift the subtle flavors but with more complexity, elegance, and mouth feel from the addition of the Kimoto style. Excellent sake is all about subtlety and nuance, less about power and boldness, which the Manju shows off flawlessly. This is perfect for foods like Toro or Ribeye with a higher fat content because it cuts through the richness, cleans your palate, adds to the Umami profile, and over all eating experience. We recommend serving this slightly chilled for the sake to show at its best. This is one we really enjoy and one of our favorites of the year. We've tasted other fantastic bottles from this brewery since trying this and are looking forward to bringing more of them to our clients very soon. In fact, we will be tasting over 100 this weekend at an event so keep an eye out for our future offers! (9/23/2019)