Have a question? We're Here to Help! Contact Us
Browse
Shopping Cart

Add 6 more bottle(s) for flat rate shipping (excluding Food Items, Accessories, and Pre-Arrivals).

2012 Bruno Paillard Champagne Assemblage Brut

$74.99
2012 Bruno Paillard Champagne Assemblage Brut
We seldomly offer the Champagnes from Bruno Paillard because they are typically hard to find at the right pricing. However, we sourced a nice lot of their current release 2012 Assemblage. This is only one of three Millesime Champagnes that Paillard makes, the other being the Blanc de Blanc and NPU which are wines that they don't produce every year with the last vintage of Assemblage being 2009. Bruno Paillard works 30 hectares of vines organically, located throughout many of the key villages in Champagne. For this, Cuvee Bruno selects 10 of the best, including Le Mesnil sur Oger, Oger, Cumières, Verzenay, and even Riceys in the Aube with a blend of usually 40% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay, and 20% Pinot Meunier from their best locations respectively. The Assemblage comes from the best free-run juice with 80% vinified in the tank, while the other 20% see fermentation in barrel. The Assemblage spent eight years on the lees before disgorgement, seeing a low dosage of 5 g/l that perfectly complements the thoroughbred fruit of this Cuvee.
A refined and elegant wine made the Paillard way that shows the interplay of power and elegance with incredibly intricate complexity. This is our kind of bubbles, delivering many of the significant aspects that make for a great Champagne while also providing a snapshot of the great 2012 vintage through the eyes of Bruno Paillard. 2012 is one of the top examples of this Cuvee and not a bottle to miss for the Champagne buff.
Decanter 96 points (One od Decanters Top wines of the Year, Tasted Blind) "Mature aromas of nuts, honey, brioche, pine nuts and lovely creamy notes with ricotta undertones and nuances of lemons and apples. Very refined, soft and luxurious, generous yet showing freshness. Wonderfully persistent. Nominated by Amy Wislocki."
Antonio Galloni 93 points! "The 2012 Extra Brut Assemblage captures all of the exuberance of the vintage. Ample and creamy, the Assemblage is alluring right out of the gate. Kirsch, dried flowers, mint, baked pastry and a kiss of oak build as this open-knit Champagne shows off its considerable charm. Disgorged: March, 2020."
Wine Advocate (William Kelley) 93 pts! "The 2012 Extra-Brut Assemblage Millésimé is excellent, offering up aromas of sweet orchard fruit, honeycomb, buttered toast, lemon pith and white flowers. Medium to full-bodied, seamless and enveloping, it's elegantly muscular and concentrated, with racy acids and a long, saline finish. It was disgorged in March 2020."

2012 Bruno Paillard Champagne Assemblage Brut

2012 Bruno Paillard Champagne Assemblage Brut

$99.99 -25%
$74.99
$99.99 -25%
$74.99

We seldomly offer the Champagnes from Bruno Paillard because they are typically hard to find at the right pricing. However, we sourced a nice lot of their current release 2012 Assemblage. This is only one of three Millesime Champagnes that Paillard makes, the other being the Blanc de Blanc and NPU which are wines that they don't produce every year with the last vintage of Assemblage being 2009. Bruno Paillard works 30 hectares of vines organically, located throughout many of the key villages in Champagne. For this, Cuvee Bruno selects 10 of the best, including Le Mesnil sur Oger, Oger, Cumières, Verzenay, and even Riceys in the Aube with a blend of usually 40% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay, and 20% Pinot Meunier from their best locations respectively. The Assemblage comes from the best free-run juice with 80% vinified in the tank, while the other 20% see fermentation in barrel. The Assemblage spent eight years on the lees before disgorgement, seeing a low dosage of 5 g/l that perfectly complements the thoroughbred fruit of this Cuvee.
A refined and elegant wine made the Paillard way that shows the interplay of power and elegance with incredibly intricate complexity. This is our kind of bubbles, delivering many of the significant aspects that make for a great Champagne while also providing a snapshot of the great 2012 vintage through the eyes of Bruno Paillard. 2012 is one of the top examples of this Cuvee and not a bottle to miss for the Champagne buff.
Decanter 96 points (One od Decanters Top wines of the Year, Tasted Blind) "Mature aromas of nuts, honey, brioche, pine nuts and lovely creamy notes with ricotta undertones and nuances of lemons and apples. Very refined, soft and luxurious, generous yet showing freshness. Wonderfully persistent. Nominated by Amy Wislocki."
Antonio Galloni 93 points! "The 2012 Extra Brut Assemblage captures all of the exuberance of the vintage. Ample and creamy, the Assemblage is alluring right out of the gate. Kirsch, dried flowers, mint, baked pastry and a kiss of oak build as this open-knit Champagne shows off its considerable charm. Disgorged: March, 2020."
Wine Advocate (William Kelley) 93 pts! "The 2012 Extra-Brut Assemblage Millésimé is excellent, offering up aromas of sweet orchard fruit, honeycomb, buttered toast, lemon pith and white flowers. Medium to full-bodied, seamless and enveloping, it's elegantly muscular and concentrated, with racy acids and a long, saline finish. It was disgorged in March 2020."