Have a question? We're Here to Help! Contact Us
Browse
Shopping Cart

Add 6 more bottle(s) for flat rate shipping (excluding Food Items, Accessories, and Pre-Arrivals).

2012 Gatinois Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé

$59.99
2012 Gatinois Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé
An excellent example of Ay Pinot Noir, Gatinois excelled in 2012, and this is one of the top examples of their Brut Millesime ever. The purity and complexity of this vintage is off the charts. It is an excellent buy for the village and is half the price of the Phillipponat 1522, a similar blend from the same village at comparable quality. We have an excellent price here, and if you love Pinot Noir-based Champagne, this is one to grab.

A Gatinois is a fantastic grower based in the Grand Cru village of Ay, where such greats like Philipponnat call home. The Champagnes from Gatinois can be incredible and are seldomly imported to the USA. We have offered a few of their Champagnes in the past, but it's been quite a while since our last offer. However, we have a great bottle to break the silence, the 2012 Brut Millesime. The Brut Millesime is the flagship Champagne of the house and like many of Champagnes great producers is only made in the best vintages.
Gattinois has been in the village of AY for 12 generations since 1696 and has been passed on to family members. The name Gattinois appeared on the label after one of the women of the family married Charles Gatinois in 1921. Today Louis Cheval is at the helm of the entire estate, from farming to vinification. Many of the parcels in Gatinois possession have some considerable age and are farmed sustainably. Only the best grapes are used for the Champagne here, which they refer to as the "Heart of the Terroir" anything that doesn't make the cut is discarded and probably used to produce distilled alcohol. Grapes are pressed using a traditional vertical press that allows Louis to see what is happening and gives greater control, ultimately yielding a better final result that expresses the terroir best. The juice is vinified in small vats and aged on the lees in the bottle for about six years before disgorged entirely by hand, which is uncommon these days.
The 2012 Brut Millesime is the best release from Gattinois to date. It capitalizes on the beautiful Pinot Noir from Ay this vintage, making up 60% of the blend, with the remaining 40% dedicated to Chardonnay. It is a sophisticated and elegant Champagne with many layers that reveal themselves in the glass. It is a generous yet energetic Champagne finding optimum balance in this vintage.
We have low pricing on some of the only bottles available in the USA right now, and it is a serious bottle at a fair price for the category.

Antonio Galloni (Vinous) 94 points! "The 2012 Brut Millésime Grand Cru is broad, creamy and expressive, with tons of Pinot character coming through in the radiant, spiced red berry fruit. Cherry, plum, leather cinnamon and sweet pipe tobacco blossom over time in a Champagne that deftly balances richness and freshness. Dosage is 7 grams per liter. Disgorged: March, 2021."

2012 Gatinois Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé

2012 Gatinois Champagne Grand Cru Brut Millésimé

$59.99
$59.99

An excellent example of Ay Pinot Noir, Gatinois excelled in 2012, and this is one of the top examples of their Brut Millesime ever. The purity and complexity of this vintage is off the charts. It is an excellent buy for the village and is half the price of the Phillipponat 1522, a similar blend from the same village at comparable quality. We have an excellent price here, and if you love Pinot Noir-based Champagne, this is one to grab.

A Gatinois is a fantastic grower based in the Grand Cru village of Ay, where such greats like Philipponnat call home. The Champagnes from Gatinois can be incredible and are seldomly imported to the USA. We have offered a few of their Champagnes in the past, but it's been quite a while since our last offer. However, we have a great bottle to break the silence, the 2012 Brut Millesime. The Brut Millesime is the flagship Champagne of the house and like many of Champagnes great producers is only made in the best vintages.
Gattinois has been in the village of AY for 12 generations since 1696 and has been passed on to family members. The name Gattinois appeared on the label after one of the women of the family married Charles Gatinois in 1921. Today Louis Cheval is at the helm of the entire estate, from farming to vinification. Many of the parcels in Gatinois possession have some considerable age and are farmed sustainably. Only the best grapes are used for the Champagne here, which they refer to as the "Heart of the Terroir" anything that doesn't make the cut is discarded and probably used to produce distilled alcohol. Grapes are pressed using a traditional vertical press that allows Louis to see what is happening and gives greater control, ultimately yielding a better final result that expresses the terroir best. The juice is vinified in small vats and aged on the lees in the bottle for about six years before disgorged entirely by hand, which is uncommon these days.
The 2012 Brut Millesime is the best release from Gattinois to date. It capitalizes on the beautiful Pinot Noir from Ay this vintage, making up 60% of the blend, with the remaining 40% dedicated to Chardonnay. It is a sophisticated and elegant Champagne with many layers that reveal themselves in the glass. It is a generous yet energetic Champagne finding optimum balance in this vintage.
We have low pricing on some of the only bottles available in the USA right now, and it is a serious bottle at a fair price for the category.

Antonio Galloni (Vinous) 94 points! "The 2012 Brut Millésime Grand Cru is broad, creamy and expressive, with tons of Pinot character coming through in the radiant, spiced red berry fruit. Cherry, plum, leather cinnamon and sweet pipe tobacco blossom over time in a Champagne that deftly balances richness and freshness. Dosage is 7 grams per liter. Disgorged: March, 2021."