Have a question? We're Here to Help! Contact Us
Browse

NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rosé Reserve (2014)

$59.99
NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rosé Reserve (2014)
Playing to the same tune as the usual Brut reserve, the Rose Reserve is Charles Hidesick's answer to high-quality rose Champagne. Over the years, the non-vintage reserve cuvees from Charles Heidsieck have been sensational and excellent buys from one of the slightly overlooked Grande Marques houses. We have had countless bottles from this address. They differentiate themselves with the non-vintage cuvees through a meticulous and precise blend that captures not only the house but the essence of their 60 hectares of vineyards stretching from the Marne Valley to the Aube. This broad spectrum of fruit vinified separately from cru to cru and varietal to varietal from almost across all of Champagne naturally adds complexity and depth and is an excellent basis for the team at Charles Heidsieck to do their magic. For the Rose Reserve, 80% of the blend comes from an equal percentage of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier, the remaining 20% comes from reserve wines that are at least five years older than the base vintage and is made from 50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay only. The depth of reserve wines is typically only seen in some very exclusive Champagnes, but if that wasn't enough, the Champagne spends a minimum of four years aging on the lees as well before disgorgement. The results are a stunning rose that drinks at an outstanding level, showing extensive red and blackberries, orchard fruit, spice, freshly baked bread, and cream notes while maintaining a freshness and precision with a beautiful acidity that brings balance to the naturally generous Cuvee. The Rose Reserve is an excellent choice for Rose Champagne, and it is one of our favorites and showing so well. It is a great bottle for the holidays or a house pour, and with the volume discount, it is a bargain for something of this caliber.

NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rosé Reserve (2014)

NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rosé Reserve (2014)

$59.99
$59.99

Playing to the same tune as the usual Brut reserve, the Rose Reserve is Charles Hidesick's answer to high-quality rose Champagne. Over the years, the non-vintage reserve cuvees from Charles Heidsieck have been sensational and excellent buys from one of the slightly overlooked Grande Marques houses. We have had countless bottles from this address. They differentiate themselves with the non-vintage cuvees through a meticulous and precise blend that captures not only the house but the essence of their 60 hectares of vineyards stretching from the Marne Valley to the Aube. This broad spectrum of fruit vinified separately from cru to cru and varietal to varietal from almost across all of Champagne naturally adds complexity and depth and is an excellent basis for the team at Charles Heidsieck to do their magic. For the Rose Reserve, 80% of the blend comes from an equal percentage of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier, the remaining 20% comes from reserve wines that are at least five years older than the base vintage and is made from 50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay only. The depth of reserve wines is typically only seen in some very exclusive Champagnes, but if that wasn't enough, the Champagne spends a minimum of four years aging on the lees as well before disgorgement. The results are a stunning rose that drinks at an outstanding level, showing extensive red and blackberries, orchard fruit, spice, freshly baked bread, and cream notes while maintaining a freshness and precision with a beautiful acidity that brings balance to the naturally generous Cuvee. The Rose Reserve is an excellent choice for Rose Champagne, and it is one of our favorites and showing so well. It is a great bottle for the holidays or a house pour, and with the volume discount, it is a bargain for something of this caliber.