Terms of Sale
Terms of Sale
These Terms of Sale (the “Agreement”) constitute a legally binding Agreement by and between customer (“you” or “yours”) and Envoyer Imports, Inc dba Envoyer Fine Wines (“ENVOYER”). By placing an order with ENVOYER, you represent and warrant that you have read and understand and agree to be bound by this Agreement. (“You” and “ENVOYER” are hereinafter jointly referred to as the “parties”).
- ELIGIBILITY YOU MUST BE TWENTY-ONE YEARS OR OLDER TO PURCHASE AND RECEIVE WINE FROM ENVOYER. ALL DELIVERIES MUST BE SIGNED FOR, AND ACCEPTED BY, A PERSON TWENTY-ONE YEARS OR OLDER. PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF DELIVERY. BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH ENVOYER, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. Any individual placing on order on behalf of a third-party further represents and warrants that they are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that third-party. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law.
- CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT ENVOYER reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time upon notice to you, to be given by the posting of a new version or a change notice on ENVOYER’S website. It is your responsibility to review this Agreement periodically.
- “PRE-ARRIVAL” OR “WINE FUTURES” Pre-arrival wines (aka wine futures) are wines that, at the time of sale, have not yet arrived in our warehouse. PROJECTED AVAILABILITY DATES FOR PRE-ARRIVAL WINES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY. ENVOYER HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE AVAILABILITY OF PRE-ARRIVAL WINES, AND ENVOYER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS) ARISING OUT OR IN CONNECTION WITH A PRE-ARRIVAL WINE NOT MEETING ITS ESTIMATED AVAILABILITY DATE. You acknowledge and understand that new or additional federal, state or local taxes, duties, tariffs and/or fees may be imposed upon your purchase of a pre-arrival wine between order confirmation and delivery, and that you are solely responsible for such new or additional federal, state or local taxes, duties and/or fees.
- REFUNDS ENVOYER is committed to delivering only the best products and services to its customers. If ENVOYER has made an error, or if you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us immediately at (949) 861-8440 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your order information and the reason you are dissatisfied. ENVOYER reviews these requests on an individual basis and will contact you promptly upon receipt. Returns that are not the result of ENVOYER error are subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee. No returns are accepted after 30 days from delivery. California state law prohibits the return of gifts and/or over-purchases of alcoholic beverages.
- CANCELLATIONS All orders that are cancelled prior to shipment are subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee. Orders may not be cancelled once they have been shipped.
- TITLE All ENVOYER wines are sold in California and, therefore, title to wines purchased by you from ENVOYER passes to you in California. Notwithstanding the foregoing, title to all wine remains with ENVOYER and will not pass to you until delivered to you, a third-party carrier on your behalf, or an off-site storage facility.
- Shipping & Handling Fees Shipping will be charged for all orders manually placed by ENVOYER. If ENVOYER manually processes an order for a customer when the item is available for purchase online a minimum fee* of $2.50, or maximum 1% of order total, may be incurred. *Determined by whichever is the lesser amount.
Ground, Flat Rate and Expedited shipping
These orders are shipped immediately, as soon as inventory is available, unless a request is made with ENVOYER directly or a note is left in the special instructions at the check-out page.
Consolidate with Existing Orders
These orders are consolidated and shipped every 30 days. See Summer Shipping Conditions*
Ground orders are packed and shipped daily according to transit times. When orders are processed an automatic email will be sent to you which includes tracking information. Tracking information will update once the carrier has scanned the package at the appropriate sorting facility and shipping hubs.
Unavailable to receive an order?
Climate Controlled Ground
We default to climate-controlled shipping for all orders that are shipping east of MT, WY, CO and AZ. With this shipping option, wines are packed and shipped each Wednesday in a climate-controlled truck headed to the local facility for sorting and transit preparation. Last mile tracking information is sent to customers via email once the package is received by this carrier. Tracking for the last mile will not be updated until order(s) are on a local delivery truck. Historic transit times are approximately 7 to 10 days from pick up from us to delivery to you, assuming there are no delays.
*Some states (Midwest and West Coast) may not have this option
** Alternate ground options may be available for various states by request only.
AZ and TX Concierge Climate Controlled delivery
Concierge climate-controlled delivery is available in the metropolitan areas of Arizona and Texas. Case minimums are necessary for us to ship this method with carriers picking up from us roughly once a month. Please contact email@example.com to see if your zip code falls in these areas.
Expedited shipping options are Express, 2-day air, and Standard Overnight shipping. These orders are packed and shipped daily depending on transit times. i.e., An order placed for an in-stock item on a Friday will ship the following Monday. These shipping options can be available by request, through the summer.
*Please be aware that this does not include the time it takes the wine to reach our warehouse and be processed for shipment. It is simply the time it will take the order to reach you once shipped.
Summer Order Process
$2 Per Order + Shipping
Orders will be held and consolidated in our climate-controlled warehouse for shipping later in the year once things cool down. Once it’s safe we will reach out to let you know when your wine will ship. Summer Shipping conditions apply*
Summer shipping conditions*
ENVOYER determines when conditions are safe to ship orders that have been held, but please expect the hold to extend through the duration of the hot summer months, depending on your location. Requests for earlier shipments can be granted on a case-by-case basis.
These options are activated within ENVOYER once the weather in your state averages above 85 degrees on the west coast and 80 degrees for the mid-west and east coast. ENVOYER ships orders at our sole discretion with the parameters we look at being the median temperature over the course of your packages journey, as well as transit time. Orders will continue to ship as long as the median temperature falls within 40 – 78⁰ Fahrenheit.
As temperature reaches 40⁰ F, ENVOYER defaults to packing in foam insulated shippers. If weather drops below freezing, we will hold your orders until weather meets our shipping parameters.
When temperatures extend above 75⁰ F, we default to ship in foam insulated shippers and include ice packs at no additional cost to you. If climate-controlled shipping is not available or transit times are over 4 days, we will hold on to your order until weather meets our shipping parameters.
Expedited Shipping options are available as well through Summer and Winter and are shipped accordingly.
- STORAGE OF WINES ENVOYER will inform you when ENVOYER has received your wine. ENVOYER is not in the business of storing wine and will ship your wine as soon as appropriate weather conditions permit. ENVOYER may delay your shipment until weather conditions improve. As an accommodation for our customers, ENVOYER will temporarily store your purchase in our temperature-controlled warehouse for a period not to exceed 90 days, and will maintain insurance coverage for the purchase price of your wine.
- Late Fees/Notice of Abandonment/Lien Rights/Sale of Shipment
At the conclusion of the 90-day period, you will be charged $10.00 per month per 12 bottle case (or less). By entering into this Agreement with ENVOYER, you expressly agree to the same. ENVOYER also expressly reserves the right to send your shipment to an offsite storage facility after 3 months, and to charge you for any and all costs of the offsite storage facility, and as well as all costs of insurance, and other reasonable costs and fees. Moreover, should you fail to respond to ENVOYER’S notice that your shipment has arrived after 3 months, ENVOYER shall serve a Notice of Abandonment to the Contact Information you have provided at the time of sale. “Contact information” may include, but is not limited to a customer’s name, shipping address, email address, phone number(s) and date of birth.
The Notice of Abandonment shall be sent via email and by way of a reputable overnight mail/courier service. Service of the Notice of Abandonment shall be deemed complete and effective upon the date the Notice of Abandonment is sent via email and the date sent via overnight mail. The Notice of Abandonment shall specifically identify the inventory that ENVOYER is maintaining on your behalf. You shall have fifteen (15) days from the date the Notice of Abandonment is emailed and sent via overnight mail to you in which to cure the Notice of Abandonment. If you cure the Notice of Abandonment, a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) late fee shall be assessed, and your shipment will be sent to you at your sole cost and expense, in addition to any storage costs that have accrued as referenced above.
Should you fail to cure the Notice of Abandonment in its entirety, the abandonment shall be fully vested and your failure to cure shall ENVOYER having a lien against your shipment, equal to all storage costs, insurance costs and late fees. Your shipment will be subject to a claim of lien in favor of ENVOYER. The abandoned shipment will be itemized and may, in its sole discretion, be sold by ENVOYER to satisfy the lien of storage costs, insurance costs and late fees. ENVOYER shall also be entitled to a 22% commission for the sale of the inventory, as well as all reasonable attorney fees and other charges which may by incurred. ENVOYER will commence the lien sale no earlier than 30 days after the mailing of the Notice of Abandonment to you. ENVOYER will send to you an accounting. Any surplus will be refunded to you at the last known Contact Information you have provided to ENVOYER. By entering into this Agreement, you expressly agree to the same.
- IN-STATE SALES All wines must be paid for in full prior to delivery. California residents are responsible for all shipping costs, including insurance (as applicable) and federal, state or local taxes, duties, tariffs and/or fees. You understand and acknowledge that new or additional federal, state or local taxes, duties, tariffs and/or fees may be imposed upon your purchase of a pre-arrival wine between order confirmation and delivery, and that you are solely responsible for such new or additional federal, state or local taxes, duties and/or fees. For all orders delivered in-state, the then current local County Sales Tax Rate at the Address of Delivery will be applied to all orders at the time of delivery. California residents are solely responsible for the costs of shipment of wines and for any loss or damage to the wines once they have left ENVOYER’S warehouse. By placing an order with ENVOYER, you thereby authorize ENVOYER to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you at your sole cost and expense. You are responsible for ensuring that you have provided the street address where you want your shipment delivered at the time of sale.
- OUT-OF-STATE SALES The following terms and conditions apply to non-California residents or to California residents who wish to have their purchases shipped out-of-state: Regardless of the customer's state of residence, all purchases (except for food, which is non-taxable) must be delivered out-of-state or the then current local County sales tax rate at the California Address of Delivery will be applied to the purchase price. You are solely responsible for the costs of shipment of wines and for any loss or damage to the wines once they have left ENVOYER’S warehouse. By placing an order with ENVOYER, you thereby authorize ENVOYER to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you at your sole cost and expense. You are responsible for ensuring that you have provided the street address where you want your shipment delivered at the time of sale.
- ENVOYER makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside of California.
- You are solely responsible for the shipment of wines at your cost and expense and for any loss or damage to the wines once they have left ENVOYER’S warehouse.
- By placing an order with ENVOYER, you thereby authorize ENVOYER to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you, at your cost.
- If you direct ENVOYER to deliver your purchase to a freight forwarder or common carrier engaged by you, you acknowledge that you require such goods to be shipped out-of-state. You are solely responsible for ENVOYER receiving proof that such goods were shipped out of the State of California. Such proof of out-of-state shipment must be in the form of a bill of lading or other evidence as ENVOYER deems sufficient in its sole discretion.
- If ENVOYER does not receive such proof of shipment out-of-state within ninety (90) days of the date of a final invoice delivered to you, ENVOYER reserves the right to apply California sales tax to the purchase price and charge your account for such amounts.
- You acknowledge and agree that various states impose limitation on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdictions without requiring the purchaser, the seller, or the shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. ENVOYER, as a condition of sale, assumes no obligation and bears no responsibility whatsoever for applying for or obtaining any such permits or licenses. ENVOYER DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL OBLIGATION AND RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR APPLYING FOR OR OBTAINING ANY SUCH PERMITS OR LICENSES. Therefore, you are strongly advised to investigate such licensing requirements and limitations and to determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages may lawfully be brought into states other than California. You are responsible for all applicable excise, use and sales taxes and fees due to your state stemming from your purchase from ENVOYER of any taxable goods.
- If ENVOYER, in its sole discretion, is for any reason not satisfied with your proposed shipping arrangements to a state outside of California, ENVOYER will deliver your wine to you in California, in which case the then current Orange County, California sales tax will apply to your purchase.
- If a California shipping address is not immediately available, or ENVOYER is otherwise unable to deliver your shipment to you within 3 months in California, ENVOYER shall apply the late fees, serve a Notice of Abandonment, have lien rights and may sell your shipment as set forth in Section 7(a) above.
- In cases where taxable merchandise purchased by an out-of-state resident remains in our warehouse for longer than 3 months, California sales tax will be applied to the purchase price, and ENVOYER shall apply the late fees, serve a Notice of Abandonment, have lien rights and may sell your shipment as set forth in Section 7(a) above.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS ENVOYER attempts to be as accurate as possible in its product and pricing information; however, ENVOYER cannot guarantee that product descriptions and/or specifications, pricing or any other content are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event that information is incorrect due to typographical, informational, technical or other errors, ENVOYER will not be liable for any loss or discrepancy with accurate data.
- PRODUCT PRICING Occasionally, despite ENVOYER’S best efforts to be accurate, a product may appear on the website or offer of ENVOYER with an inaccurate price. If a product’s correct price is higher than the stated the price, ENVOYER will, at ENVOYER’S sole discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Except as otherwise noted, the suggested retail price displayed for a product represents the retail price suggested by the producer, importer or distributor - such information acquired directly from the producer, importer or distributor or as stated on a reputable website or publication. Such a price may also be estimated in accordance with industry practice or be the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. ENVOYER cannot guarantee that such information is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES; DISCLAIMERS
a) Representations and Warranties. ENVOYER represents and warrants that: (1) for all wines purchased by you from ENVOYER, ENVOYER has good title to the wines and the transfer of ENVOYER’S title in and to the wines shall be free and clear of liens, claims, or encumbrances; and (2) to ENVOYER’S reasonable knowledge, without independent investigation thereof, the wine that you purchase from ENVOYER is the wine identified and described by the bottle’s label. b) DISCLAIMERS. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, ENVOYER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES TO THE BROADEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW. THE WINES AND OTHER PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM ENVOYER ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." BECAUSE WINE, BY ITS NATURE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE BOTTLE OVER TIME, ENVOYER MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTY OF THE QUALITY OR DRINKABILITY OF ANY WINE SOLD. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ENVOYER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WINES AND OTHER PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM ENVOYER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.THE LIABILITY OF ENVOYER IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL ENVOYER BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO ENVOYER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF WINE OR OTHER PRODUCTS FROM ENVOYER. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, IN THE EVENT THAT ENVOYER IS UNABLE TO MEET ITS OBLIGATIONS TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, ENVOYER’S SOLE OBLIGATION, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, WILL BE FOR ENVOYER TO REFUND TO YOU THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE. d) APPLICATION.THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN ANY OTHER AGREEMENT.
- COPYRIGHT All content included on ENVOYER’S website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of ENVOYER and/or its content/software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of ENVOYER and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this ENVOYER and/or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
- Parental Control Protections As required by the Communications Decency Act of 1996, ENVOYER hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to content that may be harmful to minors. Among the many companies that provide Internet blocking and screening software are CyberPatrol, NetNanny, SurfWatch, and GuardOne. ENVOYER does not sponsor or endorse any of these companies or their services.
- Accessibility ENVOYER is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing this website, please leave us a voicemail at (949) 861-8440 and we’ll get back to you at our earliest convenience. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for faster assistance. All constructive feedback regarding the accessibility or usability of this website is welcome and will be carefully considered.
- INDEMNIFICATION You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ENVOYER and its officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings, including but not limited to legal costs and attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) your breach of any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; and/or (ii) your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION & VENUE This Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement’s interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in California, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY JUDICIAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OR NEAREST TO ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA. THE PARTIES HEREBY STIPULATE TO, AND AGREE TO WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO, THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS, AND FURTHER EXPRESSLY SUBMIT TO EXTRATERRITORIAL SERVICE OF PROCESS.
- GENERAL This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between ENVOYER and you concerning Your purchase of wine or other products from ENVOYER. This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by the President of ENVOYER. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. This Agreement and all of your rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable or transferable by you without the prior written consent of ENVOYER. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. You and ENVOYER are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
- HEADINGS The headings in this Agreement are for the purpose of convenience only and shall not limit, enlarge, or affect any of the covenants, terms, conditions or provisions of this Agreement.
- JOINT PREPARATION This Agreement shall not be construed against the party preparing the same and shall be construed without regard to the identity of the person who drafted such and shall be construed as if all parties had jointly prepared this Agreement. It shall be deemed their joint work product, and each and every provision of the Agreement shall be construed as though all parties hereto participated equally in the drafting hereof, and any uncertainty or ambiguity shall not be interpreted against any one party. As such, any rule of construction that a document is to be construed against the drafting party shall not be applicable