Browse

Nobu Daiginjo Sake YK35 720ml

$79.99
Nobu Daiginjo Sake YK35 720ml
 It has been too long since we offered Sake, we are sorry! But here is one to pick up where we left off. Most of the production goes to the Nobu Sushi restaurant, and what is left over is tightly allocated, which by the way goes for over $400 dollars on their list! We were able to source a few cases after waiting for months. This Sake has amazing aromatics of white flowers, bananas, lychee nut, and kumquats. There is an incredible focus, depth, and layers, all beautifully interwoven and perfectly balanced in the mouth. A fantastic sake that longs to be paired with some traditional Japanese faire. This is our gold standard for sake, slow drop method, made on the Island of Sando in the Sea of Japan by the Hanzu family since 1871.

 Here is a little info on what YK 35 means... "Aromatic Ginjo-shu (premium sake) became trendy about 15 years ago, which helped stave off the decline in sake demand. This trend set the stage for the breweries to use "YK35" as their mantra in creating refined dry sakes. The "Y" in "YK35" stands for Yamada-nishiki, one of the top grades of Japanese rice explicitly grown for making Sake. "K" represents the type of yeast (kyokai 9-go) used in the brewing process. And "35" means that the rice polishing rate is 35%: 65% of the surface is polished away, leaving only 35% of the grain intact. The popularity of high-quality Ginjo-shu is still supporting the local sake breweries."

Nobu Daiginjo Sake YK35 720ml

Nobu Daiginjo Sake YK35 720ml

$99.99 -20%
$79.99
$99.99 -20%
$79.99

 It has been too long since we offered Sake, we are sorry! But here is one to pick up where we left off. Most of the production goes to the Nobu Sushi restaurant, and what is left over is tightly allocated, which by the way goes for over $400 dollars on their list! We were able to source a few cases after waiting for months. This Sake has amazing aromatics of white flowers, bananas, lychee nut, and kumquats. There is an incredible focus, depth, and layers, all beautifully interwoven and perfectly balanced in the mouth. A fantastic sake that longs to be paired with some traditional Japanese faire. This is our gold standard for sake, slow drop method, made on the Island of Sando in the Sea of Japan by the Hanzu family since 1871.

 Here is a little info on what YK 35 means... "Aromatic Ginjo-shu (premium sake) became trendy about 15 years ago, which helped stave off the decline in sake demand. This trend set the stage for the breweries to use "YK35" as their mantra in creating refined dry sakes. The "Y" in "YK35" stands for Yamada-nishiki, one of the top grades of Japanese rice explicitly grown for making Sake. "K" represents the type of yeast (kyokai 9-go) used in the brewing process. And "35" means that the rice polishing rate is 35%: 65% of the surface is polished away, leaving only 35% of the grain intact. The popularity of high-quality Ginjo-shu is still supporting the local sake breweries."
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/hextom_usb_main.liquid