Have a question? We're Here to Help! Contact Us
Browse
Shopping Cart

2008 Champagne Fleury Champagne Bolero

$89.99
2008 Champagne Fleury Champagne Bolero
It has been far too long since we have offered anything from Fleury, but we have a tremendous rare bottle today from this brilliant address. One of the original biodynamic farmers of grower Champagne and some of the most beloved wines for decades now. We've followed Fleury since well before EFW, and they continue to make impeccably crafted bubbles. Fleury is based in the Côte des Bar and has a deep history in champagne dating back to 1895 with the 4th generation, Benoit Fleury, running the Domaine. With holdings spanning over 15 hectares, the estate is entirely focused on organic and biodynamic farming practices, underlining a commitment to sustainability. Known for pioneering and championing organic viticulture in the Champagne region, Fleury transitioned its entire vineyard to biodynamic principles in 1989, becoming the first Champagne house to achieve this milestone. The winemaking style at Fleury is characterized by a meticulous approach, emphasizing expressing the terroir and showcasing the distinct qualities of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay grapes. At the same time, the history of Fleury is marked by a dedication to innovation, environmental responsibility, and a legacy of producing high-quality Champagne that reflects the unique characteristics of the Cote de Bar.
The Bolero was once simply called "millesime", and was a Pinot Noir-Chardonnay blend, but in 2004 the domine changed it to a 100% Pinot Noir bottling and gave it the name Bolero. Sourced from the parcels Charme de Fin, Côte de Champraux, Meam Bauché, and Montégné naturally, this is all hand-harvested with 70% vinified in stainless still and the remaining 30% in French oak seeing a malolactic fermentation. Secondary fermentation is done under cork instead of a cap, which is a more traditional step and a neat anecdote from this producer. Zero dosage here, fruit ripeness does the lifting, and the lack of added sugars allows the mineral profile and natural purity of the fruit and terroir to shine through beautifully. This is the culmination of the generations of a savvy Champagne family pushing the boundaries of Biodynamics and the capabilities of their vineyards to create some of Champagne's best. The 2008 Bolero is a grower Champagne masterpiece, and from this excellent vintage, it's a bottle not to miss at this low pricing.

Vinous 96 points! "The 2008 Extra Brut Boléro is a pure Pinot Noir, golden and evolving. The nose shows off crumbly Scottish shortbread with its promise of salty butter and textured richness alongside a smattering of white pepper. The baked and caramelized yet salty skin of Mirabelle plums adds an aromatic highlight but all here points to depth. The saltiness continues right onto the palate where a rounded but immensely contoured body channels Pinot power deep into soil. More buttery shortbread texture appears but is always tempered by bone dryness, salty depth and luminous freshness. An earthy yet elegant Pinot-rendition of the marvelous 2008 vintage, absolutely singing with freshness and so true to the inherent generosity of Aube Pinot Noir. Deeply gastronomic, long and resonant. Gorgeous now but taut enough for more bottle age. Zero dosage."

2008 Champagne Fleury Champagne Bolero

2008 Champagne Fleury Champagne Bolero

$120.00 -25%
$89.99
$120.00 -25%
$89.99

It has been far too long since we have offered anything from Fleury, but we have a tremendous rare bottle today from this brilliant address. One of the original biodynamic farmers of grower Champagne and some of the most beloved wines for decades now. We've followed Fleury since well before EFW, and they continue to make impeccably crafted bubbles. Fleury is based in the Côte des Bar and has a deep history in champagne dating back to 1895 with the 4th generation, Benoit Fleury, running the Domaine. With holdings spanning over 15 hectares, the estate is entirely focused on organic and biodynamic farming practices, underlining a commitment to sustainability. Known for pioneering and championing organic viticulture in the Champagne region, Fleury transitioned its entire vineyard to biodynamic principles in 1989, becoming the first Champagne house to achieve this milestone. The winemaking style at Fleury is characterized by a meticulous approach, emphasizing expressing the terroir and showcasing the distinct qualities of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay grapes. At the same time, the history of Fleury is marked by a dedication to innovation, environmental responsibility, and a legacy of producing high-quality Champagne that reflects the unique characteristics of the Cote de Bar.
The Bolero was once simply called "millesime", and was a Pinot Noir-Chardonnay blend, but in 2004 the domine changed it to a 100% Pinot Noir bottling and gave it the name Bolero. Sourced from the parcels Charme de Fin, Côte de Champraux, Meam Bauché, and Montégné naturally, this is all hand-harvested with 70% vinified in stainless still and the remaining 30% in French oak seeing a malolactic fermentation. Secondary fermentation is done under cork instead of a cap, which is a more traditional step and a neat anecdote from this producer. Zero dosage here, fruit ripeness does the lifting, and the lack of added sugars allows the mineral profile and natural purity of the fruit and terroir to shine through beautifully. This is the culmination of the generations of a savvy Champagne family pushing the boundaries of Biodynamics and the capabilities of their vineyards to create some of Champagne's best. The 2008 Bolero is a grower Champagne masterpiece, and from this excellent vintage, it's a bottle not to miss at this low pricing.

Vinous 96 points! "The 2008 Extra Brut Boléro is a pure Pinot Noir, golden and evolving. The nose shows off crumbly Scottish shortbread with its promise of salty butter and textured richness alongside a smattering of white pepper. The baked and caramelized yet salty skin of Mirabelle plums adds an aromatic highlight but all here points to depth. The saltiness continues right onto the palate where a rounded but immensely contoured body channels Pinot power deep into soil. More buttery shortbread texture appears but is always tempered by bone dryness, salty depth and luminous freshness. An earthy yet elegant Pinot-rendition of the marvelous 2008 vintage, absolutely singing with freshness and so true to the inherent generosity of Aube Pinot Noir. Deeply gastronomic, long and resonant. Gorgeous now but taut enough for more bottle age. Zero dosage."